Saturday, January 2, 2016

A Major Announcement...NO MORE SESSION FEES!!!


As I begin to wind down 2015 and head into a new year I want to thank my clients that have trusted us with their memories.  As consumers we all have a choice where to spend our money and I am grateful that you have come to us and supported our business.
It seems everyday I wake up a new “photographer” has emerged from the woods and is now in “business.”  Do I view this emergence as competition? And the answer to that question is NO, I worry about my clients and the quality images I am delivering on a daily basis.  I also don’t view them as competition because I have a product focused business model; I photograph portraits and headshots that is it!
Could I do weddings, engagements, babies, events etc.? Sure I could but I’d be just like everyone else and I’ve never been nor will I be like the 98%.  I want to be part of the 2%, the ones doing it differently! 
If you browse other photographer websites you will see one consistent theme and that is “Specializing” in weddings, portraits, seniors, babies, engagements, events, families etc. I find this funny every time I see it because nobody can “specialize” in 7 areas, that would be like going to the dentist to have a broken arm put in a cast.  They’re both doctors right?
Again that 2% thing I mentioned.
Well after that small little educational and hopefully humorous piece, here is the big announcement.  This will apply to all current clients as well as clients going forward… WE ARE ELIMINATING OUR SITTING FEES!  That’s right, you see that correctly no more sitting fees! Some of you may be reading this a saying oh no, business must me down, and you couldn’t be further from the truth.  One of the things I learned early on in my career is that once someone is in front of your camera, and you produce beautiful work, people will want your images.  As a result, I do not want to put up a barrier or wall for potential clients to come to me, so that is why I have ditched all session fees.

The most important thing is to create some amazing images, and then if you like them, you may purchase them.  It’s that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment